Aboriginal Cultural Tours-Taste of Wiradjuri
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Product code: Full Day Tastes
THIS TOUR CAN BE BOOKED ON DEMAND. (Price will vary if min numbers not reached)
CONTACT MARK TO ARRANGE,
For more details email mark at email@example.com
Bundyi Cultural Tours are specialist in sharing Aboriginal culture on full-day tours in the Riverina, near Wagga Wagga in southern NSW. The tours are conducted by Mark Saddler, a proud Wiradjuri man from whom visitors can learn about the oldest people and culture in the world.
Highlights include places and items of Wiradjuri significance.
Your day tour will include:
- Tour guide Mark Saddler, Proud Wiradjuri man,
- BBQ lunch and drinking water are supplied.
- Visits to Kengal, Murrumbidgee River, and other special Wiradjuri places.
- Wagga Wetlands (weather permitting) and all day sharing of information about my Wiradjuri culture and language, including visits to special Wiradjuri places and items.
- Tour times 09-30am to 2-30 (approx.)
- Learn Wiradjuri language
- Practical demonstrations of the art of traditional tool making
- See and learn about special places and trees.
What do you bring:
- Comfortable clothing, footwear, hat, camera.
- A respectful attitude to learning and discovery of the oldest culture in the universe.
Who is Mark Saddler:
- I'm a proud Wiradjuri gibirr (man) who wants to share and educate people about our amazing Wiradjuri Mayiny (people) My family come from central NSW, Lake Cargelligo and Euabalong, Wiradjuri Garray (land) I go to many schools to teach language and art. I have the following certificates,
- Working with Children,
- First Aid,
- Cultural Site recording and identification (OEH and AHIMS)
- Diploma Wiradjuri Language, Culture and Heritage.
Wagga Wagga has a major airport with daily flights from Sydney and Melbourne. Wagga is also serviced by a Country railway service and is 4 hours drive from Sydney and Melbourne. Canberra is only a 2.5 hour drive. Wagga Wagga is part of our Wiradjuri Ngurambang (country).
- Depart from Tourist Information Centre, Tarcutta St Wagga Wagga at 9-30 AM
- Return approx. 2-30 PM
- Not suitable for children under the age of 10
- Minimum group number is 8, maximum is 22
- Please not pets !