Aboriginal Special Places Tour
- Duration: 4 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Wagga Wagga, NSW
- Product code: Half Day Wagga
THIS TOUR CAN BE BOOKED ON DEMAND.
(This tour can also be purchased if you are a smaller group, price will vary)
CONTACT MARK TO ARRANGE,
For more details email mark at email@example.com
Bundyi Cultural Tours specialise in sharing Aboriginal culture on this half-day tour in the Riverina, near Wagga Wagga in southern NSW.
Tours are conducted in either a 4WD or luxury bus, depending on how many are on the tour.
The tours are conducted by Mark Saddler, a proud Wiradjuri man from whom visitors can learn about the oldest people and culture in the world. Highlights include visiting places of Wiradjuri significance, learning about culture, plants, animals, language, tool making and bush tucker. Morning tea and return transfers from accommodation are included.(Wagga City only and by prior arrangements)
Your day tour will include,
- Tour guide Mark Saddler, Proud Wiradjuri man,
- Half Day tour,
- Learning basic Wiradjuri language,
- Visits to several Wiradjuri cultural places of significance,
- Day tour with several stops in beautiful Wiradjuri country,
- Cold drinking water supplied,morning tea,fruit,cake.
- Stories told about my Wiradjuri country,
- Unique chance to see our native wildlife and fauna.
- Yidaki (didge) playing and demo on how to make.
- Learning about Wiradjuri artifacts and scar trees.
- Learning about Wiradjuri bush tucker.
What do you bring ?
- Comfortable clothing, footwear, hat, camera.
- A respectful attitude to learning and discovery of the oldest culture in the universe.
Who is Mark Saddler ?
- I'm a proud Wiradjuri gibirr (man) who wants to share and educate people about our amazing Wiradjuri Mayiny (people) My family come from central NSW, Lake Cargelligo and Euabalong, Wiradjuri Garray (land) I go to many schools to teach language and art. I have the following certificates,
- Working with Children,
- First Aid,
- Cultural Site recording and identification (OEH and AHIMS)
- Diploma Wiradjuri Language, Culture and Heritage.
- Diploma Cultural Land Management.
- Certificate IV Training and Assessment.
- Depart from Tourist Information Centre, Tarcutta St Wagga Wagga at 9-30 AM
- Return approx 1.00 PM
- Vehicle for groups of 4 a 4WD is used and is NOT equipped for wheel chair access. Also not suitable for children needing seat restraints.
- Vehicle for groups over 4 our Luxury Air Conditioned Bus will be used. Bus not equipped for wheel chair access or for children under 10 years old.
- Minimum group number is 4, maximum is 22.
- Please not pets.
If you have less then the minimum amount of people for this tour please contact us for rates for smaller groups !